INDIVIDUAL FUNDRAISER-. Earnings will go directly to your account (up to $599)
· -Steel Days Breakfast Tickets: These will be available to sell at the end of June/beginning of July.
GROUP FUNDRAISER- Earnings from these events will go towards bringing down everyone’s band fees.
Fundraising on your own-The money from these fundraisers are not affiliated with the school and can be used for band fees. Just a note-if you do your own fundraiser (fliers for mowing lawns, window washing, selling items) you CANNOT use the band logo or imply that this is going towards the band. This is against district policy and will cause problems for future fundraising.
We still have some opportunities to host Japanese students this summer and earn some money toward those band fees! You can earn in two ways:
1. Host a student -- there are two programs we still need families for. One is from July 19-27 and pays $225 for the week. (They arrive in the afternoon, so it won't conflict with all the Steel Days Parade fun!) The other is from July 21-Aug 4 and pays $330.
2. Refer a family to host -- whether you are able to host or not, if you refer a family that hosts, we will pay you $20 per family. So talk to your friends and neighbors and spread the word!
We also have a great volunteer opportunity for your students who are looking for something great to do this summer! It's being a buddy to our visiting Chinese students. It's simple -- you come to AFJH on five different days (July 17, 22, 23, 29 or 30, and Aug 1) and be a "buddy" to our Chinese students for the afternoon. You'll help them practice English for an hour, have lunch provided by us (free food!), and then hang out with them during the days' activities. The activities include games, Clas Ropes (challenge course/zipline), Cabella's and Traverse Mountain Outlets (photo scavenger hunt), and even Seven Peaks! Everything is free for the buddies -- we just want a little bit of your time! So if you're looking for a great (and FUN!) service opportunity, we'd love to have you!
If you have ANY questions on either Hosting or Being a Buddy, please let me know -- I'm happy to answer any questions you may have! Thanks so much!
Donate to the American Fork Band Program through the Alpine Foundation by Clicking the Donate Button below. After entering your card donation please designate your contribution to go the the AFHS band
Yamaha Concert Tuba YBB 641 $9,649 (3 needed)
Yamaha Bass Clarinet YCL 221 $2,167 (3 needed)
Yamaha Baritone Saxophone YBS 62 $8,345 (2 needed)
AF Band Yard Sale June 13, 2015
Mark your calendar for Saturday, June 13, 2015! Beginning at 7:00
a.m. American Fork High School Marching Band will be having a HUGE YARD SALE at Robinson Park, 100 East Main Street, American Fork.
The band has arranged a place for individual marching band members to
sell items typically found at a yard sale. If you would like to
participate please consider the following helpful hints:
* Ask extended family members or friends if they have any items they are no longer using which you could sell. Keep everything at your home until the day of the sale.
* The yard sale is at 7:00 a.m. so give yourself enough time to get to the park and set up.
* Bring a table to display the items you would like to sell.
* Clearly mark the price on each item you are selling.
* Have a safe place to keep your money. Be prepared to make change. Whilemaking change, keep the bill they have given you out where you both can see it in case there is a question of how much they have given you.
* If you are selling small items bring plastic bags (they may buy more if they have something to carry it in)
* Not all everyone who comes to yard sale will be a fun happy person.
However, you will be representing yourself and the band so please be polite!
* You are responsible for setting up your table, manning it, and taking it down again. Any money you make is yours to put toward your band fees. Please make sure the area around your table is cleaned up before you leave.